Music Banter - View Single Post - Spill Your Guts: What You Really Think About MB members
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2011, 10:26 AM   #684 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Il Duce View Post
I combed the entire "Member Pic Gallery" and "Member Bad Picture Gallery" looking at the pics of the women here. Yes, I'm THAT desperate.
Oh good. Even someone who is desperately desperate thinks I'm geeky. :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_k View Post
And what's that you say about Vegangelica?
You're saying I'm a serial killer and, afterwards, you say I should talk to her more. Are you trying to make me do something here?
Ha ha! I missed this the first time around, you serial killer you. Oh, excuse me a moment...I have to answer the door...wait...someone's breaking in! What the?! s_k?? S_K!!!! NO NO NO N....bleggggggggggghhhhhsssssssssssssssss...

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_k View Post
Haha, I guess I can be pretty good company. But I indeed don't mind not being cheery together. It doesn't always have to be happy happy joy joy when you're together with someone. Being down can be very interesting.

I do have the quality of not bothering people who have nothing to do with it when I'm down. I can feel very bad and at the same time not have a hard time being friendly to everyone. It's not fake, I really can keep these things apart. Right now I am worried sick about a friend of mine.

It's pretty tough explaining this in English. But on the whole people are so closed, so calculating, so taken with themselves. People abuse power, people abuse other people, people don't take in account people who don't fit the world so well. I mean, you probably have read somewhere that I have an autistic disorder. Believe me, it's easier to have no legs or down syndrome or something like that.

There's no space for deviants.
I myself (and I hope you don't mind me for saying that) wouldn't have kids for two reasons. One being that autism is very inheritable and I usually attract autistic people so I'll probably have an autistic girlfriend. So that's a 80% chance of having an autistic child.

The other reason being that, even when my child wouldn't be autistic, I don't see the benefit of putting a child on this earth. It's not all that much fun, I don't want to see anyone be unhappy, let alone my own child. And chances are that he or she won't be happy because of autism, so there ya go.
I usually get a lot of criticism for saying that. Doesn't make me change my mind though .
Agreed that it doesn't have to always be joy joy happy happy. I'd get exhausted if I had to keep everything in all the time.

I hope your friend is okay and your worrying is for nothing. I'd be worried, too.

I have read posts in which you've talked about having an autistic disorder, an invisible challenge, and I can see how it would be frustrating to have people's expectations of you not match what you feel capable of doing. I've been interested in learning more about how you experience the world, since how people's minds work in different ways isn't something we can each experience first-mind (as opposed to first-hand), and I'm curious about what I can't experience.

I understand your reasons for not wanting a child, s_k. I wrestled with whether or not I felt it was fair to have one...fair to the child, that is. I hoped that the positives of living would outweigh the negatives for my child...and seeing him, I think that is true so far. But intentionally bringing a new being, a new self, into existence *was*, I felt, a huge responsibility. If he suffers, it is due to ME having chosen to give birth to him. I think it is odd that anyone would criticize you for not wanting to have a child.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhanastasio View Post
Love-Song:

I both fear and respect Love-Song's presence. I already know that when I go into a thread with the most recent post by this member, it will be a love song, followed by italicized lyrics.

I don't know anything else about him/her. He/she is quite the enigma, but is apparently in love with love. And love songs.

Don't quite understand his/her motivation fully, particularly since they seem to post these songs consistently without ever actually interacting with other forum members...and are a fairly longstanding member.
Love-Song:

I also didn't realize until quite recently that she was at MB. I think she'd already had 100 posts before I happened upon one of them and she and I posted songs relating to each other's posts. So she has interacted with other forum members.

I feel she is someone who has been lucky in love: she was able to find someone who loved her and whom she loved so wholly that life is now wonderfully changed for them and full of...well, love.

I think Love-song isn't so much in love with love as in love with people in her life, and she wishes everyone could have those feelings she glows with. I can understand her wanting to glow and share those feelings. Love can be a very over-powering experience when it is strong. I'm glad she experiences that. She seems very thankful, un-cynical and un-jaded, which is refreshing. I wish all people could have a love that reorients their lives and fills them with joy, meaning, and appreciation, which is what I think has happened for Love-Song. (I *think* she is a she based on some comments she has made!)
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"

Last edited by VEGANGELICA; 04-02-2011 at 10:31 AM.