Music Banter - View Single Post - Who deserves the title "The King of Rock and Roll"?
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2011, 06:58 AM   #223 (permalink)
Davey Moore
The Great Disappearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
Why do you feel that way? I know you are going to provide me with evidence but...could you explain?

I feel like such a nubcake for asking this but what did Hendrix really contribute to rock as a whole?

His solos were pretty awesome but are you trying to say he created the whole idea of doing solos?
You're not a nubcake he just has a hangup about Hendrix, look at the avatar. Hendrix was on his own level, he was a big figure in the 60s, but didn't spawn nearly as much as other bands(The Beach Boys, Bob Dylan, The Velvet Underground, The Beatles, etc.)

I mean honestly, the equation for influence is how many bands sound like Hendrix or spawned off of his sound, or how many people were inspired to form bands because of him? The only category that Hendrix can claim is the latter, but inspiring people to play guitar isn't as big of an influence as sound, in my mind at least.