Music Banter - View Single Post - Regarding the future of religion
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2011, 06:08 PM   #147 (permalink)
[MERIT]
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzov*en View Post
I never said atheism rejects religion. Do not put words into my mouth.
You implied it by using your rejection of religion as the only grounds for your athestic beliefs. Maybe if you logically explained your point of view, rather than lumping all religions together as a "cult," and calling them a "sack of sh*t", we would get a better understanding of where you're coming from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzov*en
LMAO look in the mirror before you call someone ignorant.
Making inferences based on your statements and arguments is clearly not ignorance on my part, but rather a lack of intelligent communication skills on yours.

Quote:
I know what my views are buddy. Do not try to tell me that it is apparent I do not know what I truly believe because I do.
Then by all means, enlighten us. Thus far, you have only used the rejection and denouncement of religion to convey your point of view. But in summation, all you've told us is what you DON'T believe. How about telling us what you DO believe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzov*em
I see no purpose to us being here. I do not believe in God. I am still alive because I enjoy living. It is that simple.
Is that joy that you get from life not reason enough to be here? It clearly is, as that is your reasoning for not ending your existence.

Quote:
Quit your bull**** and shut up.
No need to be hostile, just explain yourself more effectively and people will bug you less to elaborate. Simple as that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayfarer View Post
Life and death are two sides of the same purposeless coin. There's no more 'meaning' in death than there is in life.
Minus the "purposeless" part, I completely agree (life only has as much purpose as you choose to give it). I agree that life and death should have equal bearing on all of our actions and the decisions that we make. After all, death is just another part of life (albeit the end part).

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVCA View Post
Is there something in the Bible or the teachings of Jesus that explicitly condemns suicide? I'm just curious
Nope. It's in that same category with masturbation and homosexuality. The Bible does not outright forbid it, but most infer that it is a sin.

*NOTE: The Bible's condemnation of a man laying with another man being an "abomination" is, in my opinion, a condemnation of seed (sperm) being lost and wasted, rather than a condemnation of the lifestyle of homosexuality (or sodomy or masturbation) itself.
[MERIT] is offline   Reply With Quote