Music Banter - View Single Post - Slayer
Thread: Slayer
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2011, 07:28 PM   #119 (permalink)
Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra
\/ GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhammer View Post
Reign in Blood wins hands down all the time. I bought the album around a week after it came out and to this day i never skip a track if I put it on.

Apart from the fantastic title track I think that Hell Awaits is damn poor personally.
I don't understand that. They're basically the same album(even a tons of same riffs used) except Reign In Blood has much shorter songs. Besides, cut out "Angel Of Death", "Altar of Sacrifice", "Jesus Saves", "Post Mortem", and "Raining Blood" the album is incredibly skipabble. I also don't think it was produced particularly well, to be honest. My biggest complaint in general with Reign in Blood is the fact it's recorded wayyyy too quietly. Which makes no sense to me at all.

Seasons in the Abyss is produced fantastically, and a lot after were a little too produced(*cough* God Hates Us All *cough*). South of Heaven i've always considered ok. It's an amazing triumph getting a soft melodic album out of that band.
Terence Hill, as recently confirmed during an interview to an Italian TV talk-show, was offered the role but rejected it because he considered it "too violent". Dustin Hoffman and John Travolta declined the role for the same reason. When Al Pacino was considered for the role of John Rambo, he turned it down when his request that Rambo be more of a madman was rejected.
Al Pacino = God

Last edited by Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra; 04-08-2011 at 07:34 PM.
Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra is offline   Reply With Quote