Slayer - Music Banter Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > Rock & Metal
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2011, 02:58 AM   #111 (permalink)
Anxiety Hangover
 
Buzzov*en's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Gardenia
Posts: 501
Default

Seasons In The Abyss is with out question their best album.
__________________

Save the environment, shoot yourself in the head.
And when there is no hope I'll smoke some crack I'll shoot some dope.
Buzzov*en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 05:01 PM   #112 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
King_Matt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 75
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzov*en View Post
Seasons In The Abyss is with out question their best album.
Thank you! I agree 100%.
King_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 07:08 PM   #113 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,158
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzov*en View Post
Seasons In The Abyss is with out question their best album.
For me Seasons In The Abyss is tied for first place with Reign in Blood.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 07:14 PM   #114 (permalink)
Anxiety Hangover
 
Buzzov*en's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Gardenia
Posts: 501
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
For me Seasons In The Abyss is tied for first place with Reign in Blood.
I like Reign In Blood, but I think Seasons In The Abyss is a much more creative album honestly. I think their best song writing came on Seasons In The Abyss and that shows by how diverse it is compared to Reign In Blood where the songs nearly start to sound the same torwards the end. Great album though.
__________________

Save the environment, shoot yourself in the head.
And when there is no hope I'll smoke some crack I'll shoot some dope.
Buzzov*en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 08:04 PM   #115 (permalink)
\/ GOD
 
Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Nowhere...
Posts: 2,161
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzov*en View Post
I like Reign In Blood, but I think Seasons In The Abyss is a much more creative album honestly. I think their best song writing came on Seasons In The Abyss and that shows by how diverse it is compared to Reign In Blood where the songs nearly start to sound the same torwards the end. Great album though.
I really REALLY like Dead Skin Mask. Probably the only time that Slayer has benefited from the growth in production values post-Reign in Blood.

I still champion 'Hell Awaits', though. Reign In Blood, and Seasons in the Abyss are way to formulaic, and predictable. Plus Hell Awaits had those psychotically long insanely fast instrumental sections. Which for me, is what makes good Thrash.
__________________
Quote:
Terence Hill, as recently confirmed during an interview to an Italian TV talk-show, was offered the role but rejected it because he considered it "too violent". Dustin Hoffman and John Travolta declined the role for the same reason. When Al Pacino was considered for the role of John Rambo, he turned it down when his request that Rambo be more of a madman was rejected.
Al Pacino = God
Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 10:00 AM   #116 (permalink)
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: So-Cal
Posts: 3,653
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaligojurah View Post
I really REALLY like Dead Skin Mask. Probably the only time that Slayer has benefited from the growth in production values post-Reign in Blood.

I still champion 'Hell Awaits', though. Reign In Blood, and Seasons in the Abyss are way to formulaic, and predictable. Plus Hell Awaits had those psychotically long insanely fast instrumental sections. Which for me, is what makes good Thrash.
I would put Hell Awaits right behind Reign In Blood. I remember the first time my mom saw that cover of reign in blood, she turned white and said what is wrong with you!!!! Nothing mom its just an album cover can i have twenty bucks i'm gonna go see them this weekend. No your going to church buddy, ok heres the twenty bucks.
FRED HALE SR. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 10:28 AM   #117 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 13
Default

Reign in Blood gets my vote.
__________________
Link removed : No advertising allowed
yourbandisavirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 05:41 PM   #118 (permalink)
Ba and Be.
 
jackhammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: This Is England
Posts: 17,299
Default

I don't want Slayer to be better songwriters. I just want them to kick my ass all over the place and it's such a cliched choice but Reign in Blood wins hands down all the time. I bought the album around a week after it came out and to this day i never skip a track if I put it on.

Apart from the fantastic title track I think that Hell Awaits is damn poor personally. Seasons In The Abyss is damn good too but so is South Of Heaven when the mood takes me. Undisputed Attitude has it's heart in the right place but I find it virtually unlistenable. Christ Illusion is seriously underated IMO.

On a slightly different note they are headlining at a small festival in Germany that I am attending and I am chuffed to bits. This will be the fourth time I have seen them and they are ferocious live.
__________________

“A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.”
jackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 07:28 PM   #119 (permalink)
\/ GOD
 
Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Nowhere...
Posts: 2,161
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhammer View Post
Reign in Blood wins hands down all the time. I bought the album around a week after it came out and to this day i never skip a track if I put it on.

Apart from the fantastic title track I think that Hell Awaits is damn poor personally.
I don't understand that. They're basically the same album(even a tons of same riffs used) except Reign In Blood has much shorter songs. Besides, cut out "Angel Of Death", "Altar of Sacrifice", "Jesus Saves", "Post Mortem", and "Raining Blood" the album is incredibly skipabble. I also don't think it was produced particularly well, to be honest. My biggest complaint in general with Reign in Blood is the fact it's recorded wayyyy too quietly. Which makes no sense to me at all.

Seasons in the Abyss is produced fantastically, and a lot after were a little too produced(*cough* God Hates Us All *cough*). South of Heaven i've always considered ok. It's an amazing triumph getting a soft melodic album out of that band.
__________________
Quote:
Terence Hill, as recently confirmed during an interview to an Italian TV talk-show, was offered the role but rejected it because he considered it "too violent". Dustin Hoffman and John Travolta declined the role for the same reason. When Al Pacino was considered for the role of John Rambo, he turned it down when his request that Rambo be more of a madman was rejected.
Al Pacino = God

Last edited by Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra; 04-08-2011 at 07:34 PM.
Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 09:44 PM   #120 (permalink)
Anxiety Hangover
 
Buzzov*en's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Gardenia
Posts: 501
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaligojurah View Post
I really REALLY like Dead Skin Mask. Probably the only time that Slayer has benefited from the growth in production values post-Reign in Blood.

I still champion 'Hell Awaits', though. Reign In Blood, and Seasons in the Abyss are way to formulaic, and predictable. Plus Hell Awaits had those psychotically long insanely fast instrumental sections. Which for me, is what makes good Thrash.
I love that album as well, but I gotta say for me Seasons is their best album.
__________________

Save the environment, shoot yourself in the head.
And when there is no hope I'll smoke some crack I'll shoot some dope.
Buzzov*en is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2022 Advameg, Inc.