Music Banter - View Single Post - Regarding the future of religion
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2011, 09:23 PM   #163 (permalink)
[MERIT]
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzov*en View Post
Religion probably will be around for ever since parents and others who are religious brainwash people into believing what they believe. Most of the time it starts at a young age since children are impressionable. My parents tried to do that and I just went along with it until I was thrown out of catholic school for questioning the whole idea of praising some unseen force known as God even though there is no proof of God existing.
Faith is blind.
I agree that religion will never die. As much as mankind wants to promote open-mindedness, most parents will raise their children in their set of beliefs. I think that when it comes to religion (Catholicism for example, as you mentioned above), any questioning or deviation from a literal translation will result in the church chastising you. Many things clearly don't make sense. If Adam and Eve were the first human, did Eve have sex with her sons to procreate, thus committing incest? Did Noah really fit 2 of every animal on a boat, letting everyone else die before his very eyes, and then commit incest with his family to ensure the survival of humanity? Can people really come back from the dead? There are just too many holes, I completely agree with you.

I also agree that faith is blind, but that is by design and definition. It doesn't make much sense to believe on something that has no proof (in general), but to each his own.
[MERIT] is offline   Reply With Quote