Music Banter - View Single Post - Depression and suicide
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2011, 06:35 PM   #366 (permalink)
[MERIT]
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by crukster View Post
No matter how bad things get, as long as you are alive you can fix them.
I disagree that all problems have a solution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crukster
You are not the root of your problem, you are not the enemy of your own life. Because at the end of the day, the only thing you're sure of is yourself, your existence - your Life.
I think that this is part of the problem. While you can control your own actions, you have no way of controlling others'. You can't stop your wife from leaving you. You can't stop your boss from firing you. You can't control any outside factors that directly affect you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
just because the person feels that they are alone and that no one cares about them it does affect the people that DO care about them emotionally at least. Some people can be so affected by it that it does long term psychological damage to the person.
I think we're on the same page here, we're just giving differnt weight to other people's feelings and emotions. People shouldn't do anything to purposely upset others, but in the end, tough sh*t. People are always going to be upset about something. We cannot control what goes on in their mind, it's not our problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon
People that are depressed and have suicidal thoughts ARE brave enough to live life and push through their problems and if also seek help if they are able to muster up enough courage to do that on their own. That is what I mean by continuing life having everything to do with bravery.
I feel that suicide is always a last resort. If a person gets to that point, I would think that they have already looked at every other solution. If they still want to do it after considering everything, then that is their business. I don't think that most suicides are just a spur-of-the-moment decision.