Music Banter - View Single Post - Open homosexuality in the military soon... Can I shower with the ladies then?
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2011, 09:36 AM   #13 (permalink)
TockTockTock
They/Them

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
I love the hate for the military I'm seeing here.
I don't see any hate.

EDIT: I stand corrected... s_k hates the military.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
Most civilians hate the military and even people that are serving in the military hate it as well so I don't know why you are thinking that it's unpopular to hate the military.

When it comes to DADT, I didn't really see a problem with it either.

Being a veteran from the Navy, yes the stereotype is somewhat true and there are sailors that are gay but we didn't have any issues with the ones that choose to be open about. Similar to what Freebase mentioned earlier, they would be open about it regardless of DADT. We always knew the sailors that were gay and lesbian and it wasn't any qualms or problems with it. I really don't get why civilians that aren't even in the military feel like DADT was such a bad policy. If you were actually in the service, you would see that it's pretty non-existent in this day and age. Well at least in my experience.
I've seen many people who have served in the military (some of them being discharged homosexuals) who have denounced the policy (on and off the news). So, it's not just civilians.

Last edited by TockTockTock; 04-23-2011 at 10:12 AM.
TockTockTock is offline   Reply With Quote