Music Banter - View Single Post - The Metalcore Discussion Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2011, 07:15 PM   #193 (permalink)
LOLPOCALYPSE
Aryan Wonder

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilChuck View Post
I dont really like either deathcore or metalcore, I think on the whole they are pretty generic and bands are hard to really distinguish, but if they do have one use it is to acclimatise people to harsher vocals with a generally more melodic backing, which in turn leads to longer term fans of more extreme music. The genres and the bands within seem to have a pretty short shelf life with the exception of a handful of bands, and the fans of these seem to move on eventually. There was a time I couldnt go a day without seeing a BFMV or KSE shirt in the street, that hasnt been the case for a couple of years though and all the kids are wearing Megadeth shirts these days it seems (why I only notice Megadeth, I have no idea).
Deathcore is hard to distinguish, yes, but I don't think the same about metalcore. In fact all the (good) metalcore bands I can think of sound nothing alike (except All That Remains kind of sounds like all of them in a way). Deathcore on the other hand, I can definitely see. The only deathcore band I like is Winds of Plague, because they use tons of keyboards that set them apart (I'm not gonna try to sell them to you though) and gives their music a little more replay value. Most deathcore bands use excessive (and boring) breakdowns. The only band I have heard that uses a ton of breakdowns PROPERLY is the metalcore band Parkway Drive. A friend told me he thinks that deathcore is the new nu metal--that is, a few excellent bands sitting on top of a bunch of turds. I think that metalcore is similar, but with a higher percentage of good bands. Metalcore hasn't been around for that long, and from the looks of it, it isn't going anywhere. Deathcore on the other hand...I can see that dying soon
LOLPOCALYPSE is offline   Reply With Quote