Music Banter - View Single Post - Sounds Like Bin Laden's Dead
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2011, 02:39 AM   #405 (permalink)
MoonlitSunshine
Dat's Der Bunny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty View Post
I knew you were gonna bring Iraq into the equation once you started talking about morals. In your judgment, the USA's morals are already on par with Al Quaeda's. Would giving OBL a trial really even change your mind considering the Iraq war?? I doubt it.
And I should have realised that you'd take everything I said way out of proportion. Thanks for shoving some words in my mouth. Firstly, did I ever say that I thought America had no morals? The Iraqi comment was more in response to Tuna, who I was also talking to, about how the actions of the USA had also resulted in the loss of thousands of lives. Even if I did believe that America has no morals, I am a forgiving person, I believe that people can change. If someone does something wrong the first time, and then does it right the second time, I will give them the benefit of the doubt. If they however do something wrong, and then proceed to do it again, it's only going to solidify my belief.

Quote:
What's the point in wasting more time and money on the trial? The only argument is from a "its the right thing to do!" viewpoint. And if that's the case, I'll just say again that I don't value all lives the same. My government doesn't view all lives the same. And when you get a shot at the biggest threat to the USA, you take the shot. I don't even know how you would capture Bin Laden without having to kill him. Do you honestly see OBL surrendering under any circumstance? Taking him alive meant more safety risk for the SEALs and everyone involved.
So basically, if it's too much effort to do the right thing, you're not bothered? Great. Secondly, OBL was nowhere near the greatest thread to the USA. He was an isolated figurehead who no longer dealt with the running of Al-Qaeda. If he had been taken out ten years ago, I'd agree, but leadership of the organisation had been passed on in all but name long ago. Killing him isn't going to make the slightest difference to their ability or organisation. Thirdly, you obviously don't think it was in any way necessary to capture him alive. That's fine, I can understand the reasoning, but don't try and make up bullshit excuses as to why it would have been impossible. I'm pretty sure SEALs are fully trained in capture missions as well as kill missions, and OBL was a sick, old politician. Not exactly the type of person renowned for their martial prowess.

Quote:
As for shithead Pakistan... If it wasn't for them, we would have probably got Bin Laden years ago. They found Bin Laden in a huge, expensive mansion like half a mile away from the military base in Pakistan in a town mainly of Pakistani soldiers... There's suggestions that he had lived there several years. Are you kidding me? Some allies they are, huh? Bin Laden definitely had to have had people in the Pakistani government watching his back. We didn't tell the Pakistan government what we were doing because those idiots would have probably warned him.
I have one question for you: What possible reason would the Pakistani government have for hiding a mass murdering terrorist?

- Arthur Dent
MoonlitSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote