Music Banter - View Single Post - Sounds Like Bin Laden's Dead
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2011, 05:15 AM   #411 (permalink)
MoonlitSunshine
Dat's Der Bunny!

Tuna, how would you feel if Pakistan sent a squad of Assassins into america, with no warning, assaulted a residence in a large city and then told you "It's ok, we were killing a terrorist!". The reason America is so scrutinised is that time and time again, it's America who seems to think "to hell with international protocol, we're just gonna do what we like", because it's America that has started (yes, started!) the most wars recently with countries in the Middle East, because it always seems to be America who have ties to the bloody dictators around the world.

Your government has, like it or not, made an incalculable number of atrocious decisions over the last 50 years that have had massive destructive effects on countries worldwide, and there never seems to be any resulting change in foreign policy. That's why America is always under such scrutiny, because everyone's always on their toes waiting for you to manage your next major ****-up, and I'm sorry if that offends your Patriotism, but if you're going to claim that half the world is out to get you because that's how it seems to you, then you can damn well accept the fact that pretty much all of the rest of the world sees America as either the playground bully who picks on whoever he likes or the bumbling idiot with a big gun and no concept of control.

What annoys me is that I know there are many, many intelligent Americans. I talk to some of them on a regular basis, and I've happily worked beside them on a number of issues. But it seems like for every intelligent person there is in America, there's another that will, given any opportunity shout "USA, USA, USA! YEAH! WE MANAGED TO KILL ONE GUY WHO WAS ARGUABLY NOT EVEN THE MAIN ORGANISATIONAL MASTERMIND BEHIND THE ONLY SUCCESSFUL BOMBING OF OUR COUNTRY AND WAS ONLY REALLY A FIGUREHEAD WHO HAS BEEN ONTHE RUN FOR TEN YEARS BUT WHO CARES WE GOT HIM YEAH!". There's also the fact that whenever the question of National Pride is at stake, the majority of the country turns into this...mob, with only one agenda: "Winning".

In Summary: America, Get a Grip.

- Arthur Dent
MoonlitSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote