Music Banter - View Single Post - Sounds Like Bin Laden's Dead
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2011, 01:34 PM   #420 (permalink)
Dirty
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonlitSunshine View Post
And I should have realised that you'd take everything I said way out of proportion. Thanks for shoving some words in my mouth. Firstly, did I ever say that I thought America had no morals? The Iraqi comment was more in response to Tuna, who I was also talking to, about how the actions of the USA had also resulted in the loss of thousands of lives. Even if I did believe that America has no morals, I am a forgiving person, I believe that people can change. If someone does something wrong the first time, and then does it right the second time, I will give them the benefit of the doubt. If they however do something wrong, and then proceed to do it again, it's only going to solidify my belief.

So basically, if it's too much effort to do the right thing, you're not bothered? Great. Secondly, OBL was nowhere near the greatest thread to the USA. He was an isolated figurehead who no longer dealt with the running of Al-Qaeda. If he had been taken out ten years ago, I'd agree, but leadership of the organisation had been passed on in all but name long ago. Killing him isn't going to make the slightest difference to their ability or organisation. Thirdly, you obviously don't think it was in any way necessary to capture him alive. That's fine, I can understand the reasoning, but don't try and make up bullshit excuses as to why it would have been impossible. I'm pretty sure SEALs are fully trained in capture missions as well as kill missions, and OBL was a sick, old politician. Not exactly the type of person renowned for their martial prowess.

I have one question for you: What possible reason would the Pakistani government have for hiding a mass murdering terrorist?
I didn't put a single word in our mouth. I saw right through your use of rhetoric. You questioned whether the USA should make some effort to raise their morals above those of Al Quaeda. AKA you were implying they were the same, so don't act like you were doing anything other than exactly that.

In response to "So basically, if it's too much effort to do the right thing, you're not bothered?" I thought I already made it clear that I have no moral hangups with leaving Bin Laden dead. I'd rather see him dead than in cuffs and a trial seems completely pointless to me.

Bullshit excuses??? Dude, pull your head of your ass for real. You don't think trying to capture him alive was more dangerous than just killing him? His followers willingly sacrifice their own lives to kill Americans, and you think it's unreasonable to think that he would do the same? They didn't know what kind of weapons he had or if he had prepared for something like this happening.

As for Pakistan, I don't know why they hid Bin Laden. Maybe money, I'm not sure. But I am positive that they did. He was within walking distance from their West Point equivalent, living in a specially constructed mansion in a small town... If anyone doesn't think that Bin Laden was being helped by the Pakistanis, then I think you are moronic. Coincidence that Pakistan has been infatically denying OBL was in their country for years? Or that they suggested he was probably dead years ago? I think not. Let's use our brains here and put 2 and 2 together and see what we come up with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuna View Post
So you're point is that they didn't come out and announce that they were hiding Osama, hate us, and want to killl us all?

And we don't have to want half the world to dislike us, it kind of seems the case no matter what we do. Kill a Worldwide operational terrorist, get backlash for shooting him unarmed, not alerting a country, etc.

I haven't seen an American act NOT scrutinized actually, even ones that seem positive in every aspect.
Yep, you are exactly right. A lot of foreigners hold an animosity ad negative attitude towards the USA. They might not be anti-American and hate America, and they might convince themselves that they have no animosity, but it's still there. It comes out at times like these. If any other country in the world found and killed the world's most wanted terrorist, the rest of the world would be bowing down to them and kissing their feet.

But it's America. So we've got to try and find faults with them. People are trying so incredibly hard to find something we did wrong here, it's ridiuclous.

Yeah, they killed a huge terror threat they have been searching for for years, but OMG LOOK HOW ARROGANT THEY ARE AT CELEBRATING. Celebrating the death of one of the most wanted men on the planet? How arrogant of them!

HOW INCONSIDERATE, THEY WENT INTO PAKISTAN WITHOUT EVEN TELLING THEM!! They didn't even tell the country that was hiding Bin Laden that they were coming for him. That's not fair! UA didn't even give Pakistan a chance to warn Bin Laden!

Last edited by Dirty; 05-06-2011 at 02:02 PM.
Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote