Music Banter - View Single Post - A question about Akai MPC.
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2011, 02:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
Phantom Limb
Chocolate Homunculus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blenorium View Post
Hi,

our Band "Trallala" used to have a guitarist with whom we recorded all of our songs, but he left and now we have to find a way to replace him somehow, because soon we have a live performance.

Our idea is to use some type of sampler, where we can input the cutted samples from his guitar and play them live. I´ve heard that the Akai MPC is a good sampling tool, but it is used mainly from hip-hop producers for making beats. Is it also compatible for real-time live perorming? If yes, which version do you think is the best ?
And if no, what would you recommend for this purpose?

As far as I know, the Akai MPC 1000 has 4x4 buttons. This makes 16 total. The problem is that in the most of our songs, the different samples only in the first verses are about 13-14 and there is no place left for the next verses with the other samples. So does the Akai MPC has something like a function for chaning the "channel". Like playing the first verse with then first 13-14 samples, the switch to "channel" 2 and play the second verse with the other samples imported.

Hey, sorry for my unprofessional language about the topic, but we have played only acoustic until now and don`t know much about technology and equipment

Thanks! Will really appreciate help and answers!
I would just like to point out that MPC's are REALLY expensive.

Last.Fm

My Bomb Music Shit
Phantom Limb is offline   Reply With Quote