Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Artists Corner > Stereo & Production Equipment
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2011, 04:13 AM   #1 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2
Default A question about Akai MPC.

Hi,

our Band "Trallala" used to have a guitarist with whom we recorded all of our songs, but he left and now we have to find a way to replace him somehow, because soon we have a live performance.

Our idea is to use some type of sampler, where we can input the cutted samples from his guitar and play them live. Ive heard that the Akai MPC is a good sampling tool, but it is used mainly from hip-hop producers for making beats. Is it also compatible for real-time live perorming? If yes, which version do you think is the best ?
And if no, what would you recommend for this purpose?

As far as I know, the Akai MPC 1000 has 4x4 buttons. This makes 16 total. The problem is that in the most of our songs, the different samples only in the first verses are about 13-14 and there is no place left for the next verses with the other samples. So does the Akai MPC has something like a function for chaning the "channel". Like playing the first verse with then first 13-14 samples, the switch to "channel" 2 and play the second verse with the other samples imported.

Hey, sorry for my unprofessional language about the topic, but we have played only acoustic until now and don`t know much about technology and equipment

Thanks! Will really appreciate help and answers!
Blenorium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 02:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
Chocolate Homunculus
 
Phantom Limb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 1,289
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blenorium View Post
Hi,

our Band "Trallala" used to have a guitarist with whom we recorded all of our songs, but he left and now we have to find a way to replace him somehow, because soon we have a live performance.

Our idea is to use some type of sampler, where we can input the cutted samples from his guitar and play them live. Ive heard that the Akai MPC is a good sampling tool, but it is used mainly from hip-hop producers for making beats. Is it also compatible for real-time live perorming? If yes, which version do you think is the best ?
And if no, what would you recommend for this purpose?

As far as I know, the Akai MPC 1000 has 4x4 buttons. This makes 16 total. The problem is that in the most of our songs, the different samples only in the first verses are about 13-14 and there is no place left for the next verses with the other samples. So does the Akai MPC has something like a function for chaning the "channel". Like playing the first verse with then first 13-14 samples, the switch to "channel" 2 and play the second verse with the other samples imported.

Hey, sorry for my unprofessional language about the topic, but we have played only acoustic until now and don`t know much about technology and equipment

Thanks! Will really appreciate help and answers!
I would just like to point out that MPC's are REALLY expensive.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofle11 View Post
Hip Hop generally bores me now I just listen to stuff I know will be slightly interesting.

Last.Fm

My Bomb Music Shit
Phantom Limb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 03:26 AM   #3 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2
Default

Yes, we are aware of that and that's why we'd like to be sure that it has these functions, before we buy it.
Blenorium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 11:46 AM   #4 (permalink)
Chocolate Homunculus
 
Phantom Limb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 1,289
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blenorium View Post
Yes, we are aware of that and that's why we'd like to be sure that it has these functions, before we buy it.
Buy Boss RC-50 Loop Station | Looper & Sampler | Musician's Friend

i think this might be more along the lines of what you're looking for.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofle11 View Post
Hip Hop generally bores me now I just listen to stuff I know will be slightly interesting.

Last.Fm

My Bomb Music Shit
Phantom Limb is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.