Music Banter - View Single Post - Going dutch ;)
Thread: Going dutch ;)
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2011, 06:20 PM   #71 (permalink)
Astronomer
we are stardust

Maybe the help services available for people living with autism where I live are more successful. Maybe our education system is better. I don't know. I honestly thought The Netherlands would be way ahead of us in terms of special education. But I really do hope that you can one day seek out some help services to help you achieve a life that is not "ruined" by ASD. Judging you purely on your posts from this forum, you seem like a very intelligent, kind, and friendly guy who I think I would like very much in real life and who I think is capable of many interesting and useful things. Of course I don't know you in real life, but I get autistic kids who wet their pants until they're 18 years of age and who can't talk (non-verbal) until they reach their mid-twenties or even thirties. Even they have managed to find their place in society. I'm not being idealistic, because I do see cases of individuals with autism who DO struggle. But it still saddens me to think that you believe it has ruined your life. Anyway, mostly it is none of my business, as you're not one of my students, but I do wish you luck in everything.
Astronomer is offline   Reply With Quote