Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Music Opinions
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2011, 09:17 AM   #5639 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundgardenRocks View Post
It seems to me most people dislike them because "wah wah, they inspired Creed, wah wah they inspired Nickelback" or some people have a misconception about them writing meaningless rock (ala Kiss/ACDC) when most of their lyrics have a strong meaning. (Black, Immortality, Nothing As It Seems, Do The Evolution etc)
Given the fact that both Nirvana and Pearl Jam influenced nearly the whole post -grunge scene, its not surprising that they get a negative backlash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Pat View Post
Wait... so you're saying that just because some people don't think that Nirvana is "the best band to come out of rock" that means they are confused and need to figure it out for themselves?
I don`t like the Rolling Stones, but I recognize that they are one of the best bands to come out of rock! I think anybody with any real knowledge of music, should be able to figure out that Nirvana were an exceptional band, whether they like them or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundgardenRocks View Post
As for Black Sabbath, they are one of the most influential bands, but you don't often hear them being talked about either, especially on Music Banter. The original lineup released six amazing albums and two decent ones. Is there even a thread for Black Sabbath, there must be right?
Black Sabbath are talked about in the same vein as other classic bands, being metal though, probably sees them seem less appealing amongst the general music public.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaligojurah View Post
Nirvana were not spectacular in any way, shape, or form. It's not snobbery to call them overrated, it's logic.
If a cult icon like Iggy Pop who symbolizes what rock is all about, says they are spectacular..........then they are!
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote