Music Banter - View Single Post - NBA thread
Thread: NBA thread
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2011, 09:50 PM   #1003 (permalink)
CHCl3
Desinigga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty View Post
CHCl3, it sounds like your arguing but I'm not sure exactly what... Anyways, the 90s Knicks teams and LeBron's Cavs aren't similiar at all. They were different in every way except neither won a ring, which can be said for every team but 1 every year.

I think boozin is just saying Cleveland is a miserable sports city.. and it is. It's one of the worst in the entire country.
I'm arguing that they shouldn't be some sort of pity party for a team/city that had one bad year after many great years previously.

Yes while they may have been some differences they were ultimately have one key factor. They were both team that some, myself included, think should have one at least 1 title during their time.

Quote:
Since your a Knicks fan I now know what type of fan im talking to. If your having fond memories of remembering how they blew a lead in the 4rth quarter to the Pacers thats your right. Reggie making NBA history by knocking down two threes with seconds left on the clock was a sight to see...only not from the Knicks and Spike Lee side of things.
Yes there were bad times with those teams, but there were also some good times. Such as the 1999 miracle run and being a part of that 15 straight post-season appearance stretch. However I would gladly trade having to suffer through the 00's Knicks for the 00's Cavs or the 90's Knicks. At least they weren't a national laughing stock.

Quote:
Managment screw ups and failures shouldnt pave the way for the city and fans to suffer as a whole in Cleveland.
Those are the cards that are dealt. I don't like suffering through the idiot that is James Dolan but I don't expect anyone to hold a telethon in my honor.

Quote:
I said Cleveland doesnt and hasnt had anything really to be proud of other than LBJ..to which you responed with a Indians refference. Saying they are winning at the moment in their division....to which I responded by sayng if the indians were enough to keep the citys head above water hopes wise (ever might i add) the sting of losing LBJ wouldnt have stung so bad. So you cant annoint the f*cking Indians as the citys messiah and savior. If that were the case see above stament for clarification.
Why wouldn't the Indians keep their hopes up? I know it's only the beginning of the season but the way they are starting can definitely lead some people to have some hope. Nevertheless they at least aren't sucking at the present moment.

Quote:
Btw are you a Giants fan as well?
Don't give a **** about the NFL. I can take a nap without the TV on.

Last edited by CHCl3; 05-18-2011 at 09:58 PM.
CHCl3 is offline   Reply With Quote