Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official OFWGKTA thread
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2011, 11:33 PM   #363 (permalink)
Dirty
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by matious View Post
Dirty, do you like any rap not from the 90's?
I've been listening to Wiz for a few years. Haven't listened to his last release though. He was terrible live but that was before he was a star. I dig some of his stuff. Probably my favorite newer guy is Cudi, I like most of his songs. And sometimes I like a Kanye tune but I respect him more for his beats and producing ability than his rapping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuna View Post
Your big on the whole 'bandwagon thing' lately, aren't you? I guess I can't say I just like his music though, since I'd just be profusely denying my fanhood.

So the music's not for you, nothing wrong with that. Can't see how you dislike simple, minimalistic beats and like Wu-Tang Clan though.

I'm making a general statement and that's exactly what I think about Tyler. He's got some skills to be where he's at, but after a handful of listens it just becomes so old to me... Raping, killing, raping, killing...snore. I am sure a lot of people like his music and I'm sure there's people who genuinely like every artist's music, but I definitely see the bandwagon vibe from a lot of Tyler's fans. It's something new and different and people wanna feel like they are along for the ride before he blows up, even though he's already there. I think people exagerrate how much they like Tyler (not speaking about this forum, just in general). It's like when someone wants to like someone or something really bad so they almost force themselves. I don't think you are a retard, so I think you knew I wasn't saying it's impossible to like his music without being on some kind of bandwagon.

RZA cooks up some simple beats but they aren't as simple as these. I think Tyler's are much simpler, which obviously a lot of people don't mind. I'm not even saying I hate simple beats, I'm saying I don't think I like the product as a whole. Tyler's songs so far are those type of songs I'd give a listen a few times just to see what's up, but it's not something I'd go back to. I still haven't listened to Goblin completely though.
Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote