Music Banter - View Single Post - NBA thread
Thread: NBA thread
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2011, 12:08 AM   #1010 (permalink)
debaserr
eat the masters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty View Post
You keep saying about LeBron improving in the post... Do you really want a guy with that athleticism in the post though? They are likely gonna double him anyways. I do think he should go in the post more than he does (which is like never), but I think the Heat are at their best when LeBron is coming off a pick and roll and going in the lane with shooters in the corners and Wade slashing baseline. I think you are too hard on LBJ sometimes man. At his postion he is the best scorer, passer, rebounder, and a pretty good defender. He has improved a ton since his rookie season. Yeah he's not Ray Allen when shooting but he used to be god awful, and now he has confidence to hit step backs and 3's like he did tonight when he faded away in the 4th and sunk a jumper in Deng's eye.
LeBron going in the post is equivalent to him driving into the lane, he draws a double. It's easier to get in position for a post up(considering his strength) than take someone off the dribble(especially if they trap him).

Most likely, he can create a better shot for himself off a post-up than dribbling in the lane. Obviously, he can't go away from his usual play much, he could just be so fucking dominant if he consistently mixed between the two. The problem with him relying on jumpers is that he often just starts jacking up bad shots a-la Kobe, but he's nowhere near the shooter Bryant is.

Sure, I may be hard on him, but with his talents, he deserves to be graded on a steep curve. He's too good to disappear from games. You see glimpses, I just hope he puts everything together soon.