Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official OFWGKTA thread
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2011, 06:32 AM   #367 (permalink)
adidasss
Slavic gay sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
Sounds like yet another person who can't separate the artist from the art. Here's an idea Sara: I won't call for a change from your dull and highly derivative indie pop if you won't call for change from other artists. M'kay? Thanks.
I don't fully understand this. I think it can work one way, say if you don't like the artist's personality or worldviews, but still like the music he produces and which doesn't reflect this, but I don't see how you can ignore the blatant homophobia and mysoginy explicitly expressed in the art and disconnect them from the person who made them.

And I also don't see a problem with her (or anyone else) speaking their mind against such arists who facilitate the spreading of hate and intolerance which, given his ever spreading audience and their age-group, is potentially problematic.

And given the social group he belongs to and their general machismo values, I'd be extremely surprised if he wasn't actually homophobic (even if not the "let's kill faggots" kind).

Last.fm
adidasss is offline   Reply With Quote