Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official OFWGKTA thread
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2011, 07:57 PM   #408 (permalink)
Dirty
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuna View Post
Musicians shouldn't have to walk on eggshells because there's a few crazies out there. People who actually take OFWGKTA seriously are probably ticking time bombs who would find another form of media to feed the void in their personalities if Odd Future didn't exist anyways.

I'd think MB members would understand expression of art and not come to Tegan & Sara's defense.
It amazes me that people like you still don't get it. I'm not even saying I agree with everything Teagan and Sara (and others) have to say, but to call them ticking time bobms or crazy or whatever is just retarded.

Like is it really that tough for you to understand? Why WOULDN'T a gay female be at least slightly offended by a up-and-coming rapper, whose audience is largely impressionable teens, rapping primarily about killings ***gots and raping women? I don't understand how people like you consider THEM crazy because they... put out a letter on their website stating their disapproval. Oh man! How insane of them!! They are gay women and they oppose anti-gay and rape lyrics!?!?! TIME BOMBS!!!

And do you actually think anyone takes it super serious, as in thinking Tyler actually rapes or kills anyone? Surely they don't, and I feel like almost everyone realizes it's a character rapping... I wish I could think of a lifestyle equivalent that would be equally offensive to a white male, but I'm not sure there is one. But Like I said before, even as a character and obviously false, the black community would be OUTRAGED if someone as popular as Tyler (but white) was making half his songs about "killing niggers".

-Sorry for coming off as harsh, I don't hate you dude but this has been building up in this thread awhile cause it makes no damn sense to me how teagan and Sara are looked at as idiots because they oppose anti-gay and pro-rape lyrics.
Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote