Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official OFWGKTA thread
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2011, 08:09 PM   #411 (permalink)
Dirty
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuna View Post
Wow lots of "you" statements in that post. You trying to guilt me into your viewpoint or something?

Also you obviously didnt get what I meant by ticking time bombs. I meant impressionable idiots who would listen to what Tyler was rapping about, believe in it, and act on it (i.e., killing ***gots and raping women). Had nothing to do with T&S

I dont agree with the double standard about how it's ok to rap about killing gays but not black people either.

Personally I wouldnt be offended if a rapper rapped about killing crackers. Maybe its because I don't consider my race a huge part of my identity? I mean, my whiteness doesn't dictate any part of my personality.

I don't know but I feel I could take the heat without getting offended, fully knowledgable that its a work of fiction. Obviously not everyone feels the same.
Well I was talking to YOU. That;s why 'YOU' was in my response, I'm not sure how that has anything to do with 'guilting you into my viewpoint' or whatever. I wouldn't be offended by anti-white comments either, but recognize that white men are the least oppressed people throughout the history of this country and we are still the majority. And ok, forget I said about ticking time bombs, you're still calling them crazy aren't you?? Please just tell me what is so crazy about gay women opposing anti-gay, rape lyrics?? I'm not being sarcastic with any of this, I literally don't understand why YOU and others either don't understand or hate how they handled it. It's not like they are all over national TV bashing Tyler, they made a post on their website about it.
Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote