Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official OFWGKTA thread
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2011, 08:35 PM   #419 (permalink)
Sparky
not really

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trauma View Post
What I meant by "That being said" was that many artists who have been sponsored by Hot Topic in the past have featured horrific and shocking lyrics, like Wu Tang Clan. What I meant by the sentence was that I can see the unfairness behind the criticism, but it has a lot to do with the context in which OFWGKTA has been introduced.
So your saying it's bad that a corporate chain that has a long history sponsoring "horrific and shocking" acts decides to continue doing so?

Quote:
Basically, you're arguing that two wrongs make a right.
If Tegan and Sara don't target everyone, they can't target anyone.
So what if they're targeting Odd Future?
OFWGKTA happens to be the biggest buzzband that's come about in a while, and they have more horrifying lyrics than most groups.
These lyrics can easily be misconstrued with a teenage audience.
Seems legitimate to me.
No, my argument was that they should direct the criticism towards hip hop in general. I hear Lil Wayne on the radio (which gets played to millions of impressionable teens) say stuff like "after i bust a nut on her ill bust my gun and get rid of her"?
I'm all for cultural change in hip hop, just don't target the one group that is actually doing something positive.

Quote:
By the way, good job with the condescending, pretentious attitude.
Why is it that a normal, rational discussion has to take that tone?
I did very little to provoke a response such as the one you provided.
I'm glad to see that people mature.
Hey, it's the internet, interpret me however you want. Try going back and reading the post with a nice, soothing french accent.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote