Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official OFWGKTA thread
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2011, 12:52 AM   #432 (permalink)
djchameleon
A.B.N.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trauma View Post
You walk a fine line with the argument of artistic expression when your core demographic is synonymous with that of Hot Topic.
That being said, I don't think what OFWGKTA or Tyler, the Creator are doing is honestly that new or fresh, it's just the new thing in the spotlight.
I like the music, but all of Tegan and Sara's arguments were legitimate IMHO.
To be honest this whole situation reminds me of a few lines that Em said years ago and all the censorship bull**** he had to go through. Idk why you are okay with forgetting about the past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuna View Post

Personally I wouldnt be offended if a rapper rapped about killing crackers. Maybe its because I don't consider my race a huge part of my identity? I mean, my whiteness doesn't dictate any part of my personality.

I don't know but I feel I could take the heat without getting offended, fully knowledgable that its a work of fiction. Obviously not everyone feels the same.
You know why? it's called white privilege.

Being black isn't a huge part of my individual identity but it's constantly thrown in my face all of the time because humans as a whole are superficial. If I walk into a store, I get stared at like I'm going to steal something. When you have to deal with racism on a daily basis then you will think differently about it.
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote