Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official OFWGKTA thread
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2011, 01:29 AM   #438 (permalink)
djchameleon
A.B.N.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonio View Post
i'm not even saying that T&S shouldn't talk about the issue with lyrics that offend a certain group, if anything these are issues that are deep seated in the hip hop community and definitely need to be addressed, but just going after this group is asinine, especially considering the real misogynistic and homophobic performers in not just hip-hop but also other forms of music like rock or metal.

honestly the real issue with the "call for change" blogpost is that someone really DOESN'T GET A JOKE.

I felt the need to quote and bold this because this sums up the whole issue with them only attacking one group instead of doing it on a higher level to the point where they address it in all genres of music.

If you want a so called call for change, that change isn't going to happen by going after one group that's only a small piece of a larger puzzle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
Happened quite a bit in school, yeah.
Sorry to hear that and yeah I know racism happens to all races but I'm glad you don't have to deal with it anymore.

I try not to let it bother me and just chalk it up to them being ignorant asses. I also try to show them that saying that word to me doesn't have any effect on me so they can say whatever they want. I'm not going to get riled up and react like they want me to.
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote