Music Banter - View Single Post - Fat People - A Burden On The State?
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2011, 05:25 AM   #72 (permalink)
captaincaptain
I Am Become Death Metal

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
Yes they just allowed themselves to get to that point because food is so delicious that they loved being talked about and made fun of in public right?

Take a step back and go into their shoes for a moment. There are many factors that may have lead that person to getting up to that high weight. Depression is usually a main factor but even then. If they get themselves into the situation some of them know that they have to get out of it because they will die but they don't know the proper means/ways to go about doing it. Some might still even be in a depressed state. They need help it's not something they can just do on their own. You guys are quick to give advice to alcoholics to get into a program to help them recover but no fuck the fattie they got themselves into this situation. That's the point I believe that Pedestrian was trying to make.
You're right. There are underlying circumstances why someone gets that way. Perhaps, I've been a little dismissive of those circumstances. Though my point was never to put any individual down. Like other addictions there has to be some kind of motivation of their part to begin the process of recovery.

I'm new to these kind of discussions on in this forum and it was never my intention to make anyone feel hurt because of their personal situation. Personally, I had four grandparents that lived unhealthy lifestyles and none of them lived past 65 and it's my goal to live beyond that, so I try to live as healthy a lifestyle as possible. I know for some it's harder and I probably didn't see it that way at first.

captaincaptain is offline   Reply With Quote