Music Banter - View Single Post - Which comes first, chorus or verses?
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2011, 11:41 PM   #23 (permalink)
VeggieLover
Music?! Lets boogie!

My songs generally tell a story or show an emotional progression, so the verse is almost always the place I start. My choruses are like my thesis statement, I usually write them last if at all so that they can encompass the idea of a song as a whole. I usually struggle with chord structure transitions from the verse to the chorus and bridges are particularly difficult, but the words aren't usually a problem. I agree, the most natural approach is probably going to produce the most listenable results... although I do like to write down random snatches of lyric that sound good while i improvise and then piece them together on paper so that I don't forget them. After all, how can I share my genius (ha) with people if I can't remember it?
"Not remotely! Because iocaine comes from Australia, as everyone knows. And Australia is entirely peopled with criminals. And criminals are used to having people not trust them as you are not trusted by me, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you."
VeggieLover is offline   Reply With Quote