Music Banter - View Single Post - Can God Give Free Will?
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2011, 09:52 PM   #98 (permalink)
Sansa Stark
Account Disabled

What the ****'s the point of believing in God if you can't get your jesus jollies from it? Shouldn't he care for you? ****.

I for one think that this is a bunch of bull****, for example, Troll God's got my back

We have the free will to what we want but if we make the wrong choice, we burn in hell? Sorry no. We can't ask questions, because knowledge? Sorry, I can't believe in a god that forbids me to ask questions. This is scattered throughout the Bible, don't question God's authority, although we are perfect, made in god's image, etc etc. How much sense does it make to you that your god would gift us with intelligence and innate curiosity about our surroundings, yet forbid us to use it, except in his name? What would using our "gifts" in his name even entail? I find this to be very far-fetched, but then I believe the Bible to be much like every other story in mythology, hidden stories passing someone else's morals onto our children to scare them ****less. I guess I have a huge bone to pick with Christians because of this, they let someone's old stories dictate their morality. My mother is a devout christian, and she says some of the most callous ****, and it's all because of what she had forced in her head, I cannot help being disgusted by how christians pick and choose their code of ethics from the bible's buffet of platitudes.

I don't believe that anyone but ourselves can give those selves free will. I guess my existentialism is showing, but I feel that it's a hell of a lot more comforting to know that you're the one who sends you to hell. Hell as in you've wasted your ****ing life and you are now living in a box, or some such thing. I take great comfort in knowing that I'm perfectly free to determine my future and not some invisible creature in the sky. But I suppose people who are more weakwilled would rather leave that to the great unknown )(forgive me religious people, but I feel it's the truth, but I don't think any less of you for it, really)

Actually I'll amend that, I think it's totally human to want to believe there is something bigger than ourselves, and our fear of death feeds into the myth, making it much more enticing, because the fact our number of years on earth is finite.
Sansa Stark is offline   Reply With Quote