Music Banter - View Single Post - A question to vegetarians
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2011, 10:46 AM   #289 (permalink)
Burning Down
The Music Guru.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Virgin View Post
yes i know what's a vegetarian. and no i'm not ignorant and i'm not trolling as well.
all i'm pointing out here is that sometimes, vegetarians tend to be vegetarians not because they love eating vegetables but because they disfavor animal slaughter for food. which i find senseless by the way. it's normal for an animal to be slaughtered and cooked so it will be made edible to a human. you don't expect humans to be like lions chasing pigs around then eat them raw. that would be called cannibalism.
Um, that's not what cannibalism is, just FYI.

Anyways, yes vegetarians are making a conscious choice to not eat animals, and it is generally for the reason that they think animal slaughter is wrong. There are also vegetarians who used to be meat eaters. There's also people who don't eat meat for dietary reasons (too much cholesterol, fat, etc). Sure it is normal for humans to kill animals for food, that's how we've always eaten. But now there are so many varieties of food out there and people are allowed to choose which foods they want to eat. Just as you choose to eat meat, another person can choose not to eat meat. Not senseless at all, in my opinion.
Burning Down is offline   Reply With Quote