Music Banter - View Single Post - NBA thread
Thread: NBA thread
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2011, 02:21 PM   #1067 (permalink)
Dirty
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRED HALE SR. View Post
Lebron's lack of ability in big games all has to do with his head. Hes never gonna be the man in Miami. Spoelstra has earned his spot and Riley likes what hes doing. Riley has a decent enough pedigree for me to side with him. Spoelstras whole family is sports related and he did play college and professional ball in Germany. His offensive sets are fine, its up to the players to move their feet. They are standing around watching, just like the Lakers did against the Mavs. Miami just needs to take care of business at home and they are hoisting the hardware. D-Wade has gotta carry them cause Lebrons head is already in the Bahamas.
Ok this is just a dumb comment, and it;s not just you making it, I see it from a lot of people. He already is the man in Miami. I know come playoff time everyone forgets the regular season and it doesn't matter a ton anyways, but he did average 26+ PPG and over 7 Assists and rebounds. LeBron was the best player on the floor in every playoff series before this and put the team on his back for the Bulls series. This guy gets redefined every hour it seems like. Lats night was just a terrible, weird game.

And Spoelstra has earned his spot and has whatever on his resume, but he just doesn't know what he's doing on offense. The Heat weren't ready for teh zone defense AT ALL and had one of the worst last 6 minutes of a game EVER last night. They had absolutely no clue what to do, they were just isolating and taking jumpers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thom Yorke View Post
Except he has come up big in big games before. I'm with Dirty, I don't even know how to explain that one. It's an anomaly though; he'll be even better than usual in game 5.

Well history has showed that LBJ goes off after poor games. So I'm hoping next game he just goes crazy for like 30+. Dallas is so unathletic, there is absolutely no chance Lebron can be stopped going to the rim by anyone and certainly not Dallas. Last night is just unexplainable like I said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRED HALE SR. View Post
I can barely watch this series. Before the season started i wanted Miami to fail bigtime. Now watching them against the Mavs, I can't root for the Mavs either. Mark Cuban makes my skin crawl, as much as I like Nowitzki's game, Its been tough to stomach.
Well luckily for Cuban haters he hasn't been his loudmouth self this series, he's calmed over the years. I actually like Cuban, mainly because I like the idea of a season ticket holder and fan suddenly getting rich and buying his favorite team and taking them to prominence. It's like a movie script story.

I agree eric, this series has been bad basketball in my opinion. Just poor basketball especially late in games. It's like a battle for who is gonna play less terrible. 3 games left, Miami has 2 at home... I mean all things considered, the Heat are still in good shape. Defend your home court, win a ring. If the Heat win game 5, it's really tough to imagine the Mavs winning 2 straight in Miami
Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote