NBA thread - Music Banter Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > Sport & Recreation
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2011, 06:58 AM   #1061 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 981
Default

LeBron last night... WTF

Just unexplainable. I don't get it at all, it's literally not explainable. What was LeBron doing tonight? It's not like he was just having a bad night but it's like he seriously wasn't even trying. Not one time did I see him even try to score. I mean he was in pick and rolls and not even looking to drive or shoot, he just passed, passed, passed. And I defend LeBron's game 99% of the time cause he makes great passes, but it was amazing how little he tried to score. It's like he wasn't interested at all, he was just standing around and passing the ball. Honestly, this loss was completely his fault. Typical great game from Wade, great game from Bosh, they coulda won with a BAD game from LeBron but this was a HORRIBLE game. He flopped for some foul shots and that's ALL HE DID. Last night defied all logic, I can't wrap my head around it, someone help me out. Over this season, tons of games LeBron gets passive early in the game and gets team mates involved and in rhthym (smart) and I thought he'd be super aggressive in the second half... WTF it's like he forgets he's one of the best athletes ever.

Also I wanna say that the Heat would be 10X better and dominate the Mavs if they had a better coach than Spoelstra. I know he's a young guy and young guys kinda learn on the job so to speak, but he's such a reactive coach instead of proactive. A good example is in game 2 when Bosh was on Dirk in the final seconds which made zero sense. Then game 3, Haslem is on him. It's like he has to see the mistake before he gets it right and I hope for the Heat that the mistakes don't come at a point where there's no chance at redemption. I've questioned him all season, I really don't see him doing too much. His offensive sets suck.
Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 10:11 AM   #1062 (permalink)
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: So-Cal
Posts: 3,752
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty View Post
LeBron last night... WTF

Just unexplainable. I don't get it at all, it's literally not explainable. What was LeBron doing tonight? It's not like he was just having a bad night but it's like he seriously wasn't even trying. Not one time did I see him even try to score. I mean he was in pick and rolls and not even looking to drive or shoot, he just passed, passed, passed. And I defend LeBron's game 99% of the time cause he makes great passes, but it was amazing how little he tried to score. It's like he wasn't interested at all, he was just standing around and passing the ball. Honestly, this loss was completely his fault. Typical great game from Wade, great game from Bosh, they coulda won with a BAD game from LeBron but this was a HORRIBLE game. He flopped for some foul shots and that's ALL HE DID. Last night defied all logic, I can't wrap my head around it, someone help me out. Over this season, tons of games LeBron gets passive early in the game and gets team mates involved and in rhthym (smart) and I thought he'd be super aggressive in the second half... WTF it's like he forgets he's one of the best athletes ever.

Also I wanna say that the Heat would be 10X better and dominate the Mavs if they had a better coach than Spoelstra. I know he's a young guy and young guys kinda learn on the job so to speak, but he's such a reactive coach instead of proactive. A good example is in game 2 when Bosh was on Dirk in the final seconds which made zero sense. Then game 3, Haslem is on him. It's like he has to see the mistake before he gets it right and I hope for the Heat that the mistakes don't come at a point where there's no chance at redemption. I've questioned him all season, I really don't see him doing too much. His offensive sets suck.
Lebron's lack of ability in big games all has to do with his head. Hes never gonna be the man in Miami. Spoelstra has earned his spot and Riley likes what hes doing. Riley has a decent enough pedigree for me to side with him. Spoelstras whole family is sports related and he did play college and professional ball in Germany. His offensive sets are fine, its up to the players to move their feet. They are standing around watching, just like the Lakers did against the Mavs. Miami just needs to take care of business at home and they are hoisting the hardware. D-Wade has gotta carry them cause Lebrons head is already in the Bahamas.
FRED HALE SR. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 11:03 AM   #1063 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Thom Yorke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,848
Default

Except he has come up big in big games before. I'm with Dirty, I don't even know how to explain that one. It's an anomaly though; he'll be even better than usual in game 5.
Thom Yorke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 11:06 AM   #1064 (permalink)
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: So-Cal
Posts: 3,752
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thom Yorke View Post
Except he has come up big in big games before. I'm with Dirty, I don't even know how to explain that one. It's an anomaly though; he'll be even better than usual in game 5.
I can barely watch this series. Before the season started i wanted Miami to fail bigtime. Now watching them against the Mavs, I can't root for the Mavs either. Mark Cuban makes my skin crawl, as much as I like Nowitzki's game, Its been tough to stomach.
FRED HALE SR. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 11:07 AM   #1065 (permalink)
eat the masters
 
debaserr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 5,467
Default

I'm with you, other than g2 this series has been a bore.
__________________
Last.FM
debaserr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 12:08 PM   #1066 (permalink)
Justifiable Idiocracy
 
Bloozcrooz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,244
Default

I really thought the Heat would take it in 5 but obviously thats not going to happen now. I still think they'll win the series its just gonna get dragged out a lil longer now. Other than Wade (and even then its only glimpses in the 4rth) im not seeing someone just take over for either team in the 4rth. I remember watching Jordan when I was younger, and you just knew what was fixing to happen in a close game late in th 4rth quarter. I know theres capabilitys, and potential for that to happen on both sides, but when its counted neither side has had anyone just dominate, and get the buzzer beater to send it to o.t. or win it. I really want to see someone just take over and accel in the 4rth in a close game. To me the stage has been set for Lebron, and he has the most potential to be that guy, and with him under a microscope by pretty much everyone. I wonder if he'll put to rest the questions, and scrutiny he's been getting this season or will the dark cloud continue to loom over him for years to come?

For the Mavs they have to be thanking they're lucky stars they managed to steal another game cause thats exzactly what happened. Chandler did get his 16 boards, and the shooting as a whole was a lil better, but it was more a lack of what the Heat were doing than what the Mavs were doing.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaligojurah View Post
Fuck you, bloozin! Your stupid thread too!
<DoctorSoft>: You know life is good when you take Viagra to jack off lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Il Duce View Post
- Hendrix didn't even play the blues that well -

Amongst Mb's Most
Hated
(Smiley Face)
Bloozcrooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 02:21 PM   #1067 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 981
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRED HALE SR. View Post
Lebron's lack of ability in big games all has to do with his head. Hes never gonna be the man in Miami. Spoelstra has earned his spot and Riley likes what hes doing. Riley has a decent enough pedigree for me to side with him. Spoelstras whole family is sports related and he did play college and professional ball in Germany. His offensive sets are fine, its up to the players to move their feet. They are standing around watching, just like the Lakers did against the Mavs. Miami just needs to take care of business at home and they are hoisting the hardware. D-Wade has gotta carry them cause Lebrons head is already in the Bahamas.
Ok this is just a dumb comment, and it;s not just you making it, I see it from a lot of people. He already is the man in Miami. I know come playoff time everyone forgets the regular season and it doesn't matter a ton anyways, but he did average 26+ PPG and over 7 Assists and rebounds. LeBron was the best player on the floor in every playoff series before this and put the team on his back for the Bulls series. This guy gets redefined every hour it seems like. Lats night was just a terrible, weird game.

And Spoelstra has earned his spot and has whatever on his resume, but he just doesn't know what he's doing on offense. The Heat weren't ready for teh zone defense AT ALL and had one of the worst last 6 minutes of a game EVER last night. They had absolutely no clue what to do, they were just isolating and taking jumpers.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Thom Yorke View Post
Except he has come up big in big games before. I'm with Dirty, I don't even know how to explain that one. It's an anomaly though; he'll be even better than usual in game 5.

Well history has showed that LBJ goes off after poor games. So I'm hoping next game he just goes crazy for like 30+. Dallas is so unathletic, there is absolutely no chance Lebron can be stopped going to the rim by anyone and certainly not Dallas. Last night is just unexplainable like I said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRED HALE SR. View Post
I can barely watch this series. Before the season started i wanted Miami to fail bigtime. Now watching them against the Mavs, I can't root for the Mavs either. Mark Cuban makes my skin crawl, as much as I like Nowitzki's game, Its been tough to stomach.
Well luckily for Cuban haters he hasn't been his loudmouth self this series, he's calmed over the years. I actually like Cuban, mainly because I like the idea of a season ticket holder and fan suddenly getting rich and buying his favorite team and taking them to prominence. It's like a movie script story.


I agree eric, this series has been bad basketball in my opinion. Just poor basketball especially late in games. It's like a battle for who is gonna play less terrible. 3 games left, Miami has 2 at home... I mean all things considered, the Heat are still in good shape. Defend your home court, win a ring. If the Heat win game 5, it's really tough to imagine the Mavs winning 2 straight in Miami
Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 02:45 PM   #1068 (permalink)
eat the masters
 
debaserr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 5,467
Default

LBJ has largely been held in check this series by Marion. without Marion they wouldn't have made it this far. he has been surprisingly good on offense too(post moves).

having said that, I expect 25+ from LBJ next game.
__________________
Last.FM
debaserr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 02:49 PM   #1069 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 981
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric generic View Post
LBJ has largely been held in check this series by Marion. without Marion they wouldn't have made it this far. he has been surprisingly good on offense too(post moves).

having said that, I expect 25+ from LBJ next game.
Well that's one thing that I don't think anyone is talking about enough in the media or wherever when they say how great Wade's been and how 'bad' lebron's been. Wade is being guarded by 75 year old slow Jason Kidd and LeBron is being guarded by The Matrix. Marion isn't as good as he used to be, but he's still a great defender. Long, fast, versatile. He's done a pretty good job but last night had absolutely nothing to do with Marion's defense.
Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 03:22 PM   #1070 (permalink)
eat the masters
 
debaserr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 5,467
Default

great article on LBJ

Bill Simmons is more captivated by LeBron's meltdown than the Mavs' resilience - Grantland
__________________
Last.FM
debaserr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2024 Advameg, Inc.