Music Banter - View Single Post - When Someone is Banned
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2011, 08:41 PM   #386 (permalink)
[MERIT]
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedestrian View Post
The amount of restraint we exercise in dealing with regular members who violate the rules is remarkable. We let so many users who display poor behaviour slide time and time again, and perhaps that's the problem. We're too lenient, so regulars think this is acceptable, and are shocked when we finally do something to counteract the rule-breaking.

It's not acceptable. We will only forgive so much repeated behaviour.
I don't see leniency as the problem, so much as a lack of continuity, which is inherant, as different people have different interpretations of what is acceptable and what is not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger
if you speculate as to why and you're wrong the people on this forum will see it as weakness & try & rip you apart because of it.
Speaking as a member, I think that members just want some overall peace of mind. They want to know why their friends got banned, because they feel that it personally affects them.

I doubt that the goal is to rip a mod to pieces, but rather to assure themselves that it was a just decision. When the issue gets ignored or left to speculation, it seems to set off alarm bells and make it appear like the situation has alot more going on behind the scenes than it actually does.