Music Banter - View Single Post - A question to vegetarians
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2011, 04:59 AM   #333 (permalink)
djchameleon
A.B.N.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykonos View Post
Have meat levels in diets been discussed yet? Throughout most of history the average human has had a mostly carbohydrate-based diet with only very small amounts of meat that weren't taken daily. It's only in recent years that meat consumption has shot up, and not only is it making people fatter, but it's damaging the planet and making energy gains far less efficient. I'm not saying eating meat is bad, but there's certainly too much being eaten.
how recent are you talking about? Also what's making people fatter is not meat consumption alone but carbs play a big part in that and just generally unhealthy diet habits overall. I don't see how you can come to the dramatic conclusion that the planet is being damaged from this. I can understand if you tried to link deforestation to having another meat packing plant built or something along those lines. Eating too much of anything is bad for you not just meat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGANGELICA View Post
I don't think that vegetarians would need to use more grains besides rice (with beans) to acquire the protein for putting on muscle mass, but variety is usually a good idea in any diet. As for the calories needed to process a meat meal vs. a protein dense vegetarian meal, I don't know which takes more. I have read that meat takes a longer time to digest than vegetarian protein sources.
Meat does take longer to digest but there is this wild theory that meat stays in your colon for years or some such non-sense. The only meat that will stay in there that long is if you go around and don't eat any fiber whatsoever.

Quote:
Agreed and agreed. And meat-consumption is increasing worldwide as people (especially in China) rise out of poverty. Eventually, I predict the ballooning human population will cause the competition between people and livestock for grains to become so great that most people won't be able to consume as many animals as they do now. Roadkill and animals who die of natural causes might start looking tastier and tastier to meat-eaters!
I'm sorry but that couldn't be farther from the truth. People will continue to use up as many resources as possible til we get to the point where it's MadMax style but instead of fighting over water it will be over food in general.

That's why I'm all for wars and I tend to like when natural disasters occur but it's curbing the human population a bit.

Quote:
As long as they died of natural causes, I shouldn't see why eating humans (animals, after all) would be an ethical concern, as long as the person didn't state emphatically before death, "I don't want any person to eat me."
The thing about eating humans, sure to some people there might be an ethical concern because they feel more connected to humans than they do animals. Yes, I know humans are animals but you know what I mean.

Also, I don't think there are many eatable parts to a human that are nutritious except for the liver and possibly the heart.
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote