Music Banter - View Single Post - Metallica
Thread: Metallica
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2011, 10:54 AM   #349 (permalink)
BastardofYoung
Buzz Killjoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundgardenRocks View Post
Do you guys think Load or Reload is worth about $3.75? I still don't have them.
My thoughts on "Load" is is it terrible.... no, well... not as terrible as some make it out to be. People at that time were just wanting The Black Album 2. so when they did not get it... they were disappointed. But does that make it bad? yes and no...

On one hand, "Load" is a decent hard rock album, if compared to the what came before, yes, it is awful... but when viewed for what it is, it has some good songs, just don't go into it looking for thrash, you won't find it.

"Hero of the Day" is still a song I llike very much... But the issue with Load is... it is just too long and not enough variety to it to give it a good review, it is good in parts, not so good in others. It was really boring and the songwriting mos of the time just didn't cut it.

I like "Load" in part, it is alright, nothing special by any means, not essential, but a good attempt at trying something new, and not just doing a follow up to an album that they knew they could not.

"Re-Load" however, can go and die. No time for that one. I would give that one a 1.5/5 and "Load" a 2.5/5.

‎"I hope that someday we will be able to put away our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people." - Jack Handey.
BastardofYoung is offline   Reply With Quote