Music Banter - View Single Post - A question to vegetarians
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2011, 07:40 PM   #402 (permalink)
chipper
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Virgin View Post
thanks. i didn't know he was mentioning about factory farming.
he only said farming in his post which, at first, i thought was a reference to agriculture farming. now i get it. apologies.
He did. he mentioned meat. it was clear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Virgin View Post
i understand your point tore, i really do. but think of it this way, let's assume yes, humans are not superior to animals. sure, they can have equal rank as with us. along with that, imagine if they'd get that right not to be killed cause of course, if you can't kill a human, certainly not to animals. what will we be eating then?

i can't imagine my life eating cucumber sandwhich or carrot soup every day. God knows we humans need to eat meat. He knows humans deserve somthing better than plain coleslaw for lunch.

But i do understand what you're trying to say. it's just not enough for us to justify that the meat-eaters are any more cruel because of their way of eating than the vegetarians.
I suggest you read up first on nutritional needs of human beings. you can get the nutrition you get from meat from other sources. for example, you can get protein from peanuts, calcium from soy. etc.

also when you present your argument, you have to be clear. when you say "need to eat meat", is that need based on nutrition? because "need" denotes and connotes necessity for survival. you don't need meat to survive. you can survive without it. BUT if you are using the word "need" loosely, then be clear about it so other people here would understand you clearly.

another point, when you say "God knows...", it would be helpful to present a substantiation like what others do here. there are different beliefs or non-beliefs about God.

if you want to eat meat, that's your deal and we respect. i think that's clear in many of the posts here.

what we are just trying to make you understand is that just because you don't like vegetarianism, it doesn't make it wrong or inferior. the same way we don't think eating meat is wrong or inferior.

and don't regard vegetables or fruits as worse than meat because they are not. the same way meat is not worse than vegetables. it all boils down to preference and priorities. i mentioned this because you said "He knows humans deserve somthing better than plain coleslaw for lunch". some people here might actually prefer plain coleslaw.

just try and be clear. substantiate your argurments. read up on the subject.

my mother is from Cebu. i visited only once but i am proud of our heritage. and according to your data, that's where you are from too. that's why i made an effort to write this lengthy post.

so i hope you don't take this the wrong way. i'm just concerned.

real love letters to exes
chipper is offline   Reply With Quote