Music Banter - View Single Post - Back In The Day - Electronic Faves
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2011, 05:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
jackhammer
Ba and Be.

I was never one for going to raves but Electronic music has always been in the background for me. Let's share some stuff.

It's 1984, I'm 12, it's the summer holidays, Beverley Hills Cop was THE film to see as hearing men swear so well is cool when your 12 and every young kid was breakdancing (badly) in gangs and taking on everyone else in street 'battles'. This track always reminds me of those days.

It's 1985, blah, blah, blah. This song was everywhere and we were all enthralled at the scratching, loops and soundbites even though we didn't actually know what they were! Another classic track from my youth.

1987. The UK music charts were as crap as ever and along comes this record with no stars, a vid with no band and the best ever sample to this day (around 1 min 45) was heard and I loved it. Even though I was into my second year of Metal music induction, I still liked other music and sounds even then.

I don't even own the song but it was quite a big thing over here to have something radically different to listen to back then.

More to come.

“A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.”
jackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote