Music Banter - View Single Post - Deconstructing Matious
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2011, 03:28 PM   #44 (permalink)
Sparky
not really

Quote:
Originally Posted by oojay View Post
All rappers use different timing and use formulas to create punchlines, metaphors and similies in their raps. You may as well be saying that all rappers sound alike, or that all rappers suck.
Not all rappers use the same generic formula(lets call it "YMCM^2011") for their punchlines over and over and over and over

You may not have a great memory, but their was a time when not every rap line went "matious, muthu ****ing one man band/ flow so wet/kool aid man!"

damn i snapped

Quote:
Again, how he is portrayed to the public or his target demographic still has nothing to do with his actual talent, only the way that his talent is perceived by certain people. People who can listen to music and judge it on its merit (like most of us on here) can see it for what it is. If you knew nothing about Drake's past and heard one of his songs out of the blue, you would still hate it. You wouldn't say "I don't like his music, it sounds like somthing that an ex-child star would put out."
When your a pop artist, how you are perceived is everything. He has to make sure his sound is in line with the latest trends. He isn't making music to be judged on, he is making music that is consumable and universal,and following in the foot steps of other successful artists is a guaranteed way of doing that.

But w/e this is my thread **** drake case closed
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote