Music Banter - View Single Post - Deconstructing Matious
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2011, 03:40 PM   #46 (permalink)
Antonio
VICTORY SCREEEEEEECH

Quote:
Originally Posted by oojay View Post
They "sound alike" in the same way that all rappers "sound alike," if that's what you're getting at. I obviously have a functioning brain and ears, no need to make insinuating insults. They rap about different topics, their voices sound nothing alike and their timing is different. What is your justification for their likeness? That they're both black rappers, or that they both suck in your opinion?

I don't like Drake either, but his career as an actor has nothing to do with it. It may have opened more doors for him, but he would still be a sh*tty rapper either way.
pffff, that's rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
I think the car theme was because the name of the album was Trunk Muzik. Did you stop to think about that? he has some other tracks that aren't car related. I'm pretty sure his next album isn't going to have mostly car related tracks it's not just something he does.

I disagree with you on the whole race card thing as well. You didn't even touch on his rapping speed but I know that you aren't really impressed with that so I guess you didn't mention it. I think that is also part of the reason that he's getting the attention that he is atm. It was a great idea to include him in WorldWide Choppers track.

lol no comment on the ageist remarks.
tbh, his speed is not really all that impressive to me, Busta Rhymes and even Chris Brown in "Look at Me Now" >>> most of Yela's rhymes. that and he doesn't keep up that speed for long. i get if a rapper doesn't want to or can't keep it up for an entire song, but most of the time he can't even go half a verse without slowing down.

i also agree with the enunciation thing he does, matious. listening to him for long sounds like daggers hitting my ears with every word that he just HAS to pronounce fully.

My MB Journal-I talk about music and stuff!

add me on Steam!
http://steamcommunity.com/id/commandercool

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dave
isn't this one of the main reasons for this entire site?

what's next? a thread made specifically to banter about music?
Antonio is offline   Reply With Quote