Music Banter - View Single Post - Crimes Against Music
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2011, 07:52 AM   #133 (permalink)
GuitarBizarre
D-D-D-D-D-DROP THE BASS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necromancer View Post
I can see an artist lip-syncing if it is because of a health problem concerning their vocals, sore throat, vocal chords, or whatever. But I believe they should also have the ability to perform the vocals live on stage as well, unlike Milli Vanilli who was a total rip off. I am sure there are a lot of instances artist must resort to lip syncing when faced with the option of canceling the show. As the old cliché states, "The Show Must Go On".
I'm hazy on this, but I believe the issue with Milli Vanilli *was* illegal, but not because of live lip syncing, it was illegal because they never sang the ORIGINAL vocals. The performer in question who DID was uncredited and the public were never informed of that fact, meaning the CD itself and its liner notes were illegal. I'm not sure the exact crime category that falls under.

However that illegality didn't extend to live performances as the performer in that instance WAS the person it was advertised to be, regardless of their lip syncing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
I'll have you know, my ancestors were Kings of Wicklow! We're as Irish as losing a three-nil lead in a must-win fixture!
GuitarBizarre is offline   Reply With Quote