Music Banter - View Single Post - A question to vegetarians
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2011, 07:29 PM   #598 (permalink)
richie1
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGANGELICA View Post
Richie, I've thought of some meal ideas (that don't include animals killed by natural causes or any others). I also want to tell you how wonderful I feel it is that you are being supportive of your youngest daughter's choice to be lacto-ovo vegetarian!
Thank you for this. My daughters are 15 and 17. They are both very much their own persons. I've always tried (not always successfully) to encourage their individuality. They're both very bright, creative, kids and I'm very proud of them!

We eat alot of very healthy salads and I do add garbanzo beans as well as many veggies. I also enjoy making several soups, but find them a bit bland without using chicken broth (sorry). Of course, I haven't done this since my daughters decision.

I don't believe we've tried the Boca Burgers yet, but I do get her Morning Star "chicken" and some of the Amy's meals. I will definately check out the Harvard School of Public Health's website. It sounds like it's loaded with good info!

There have been several recipe books recommended. I'll have to spend some time in the local bookstore to see which of them "jump out" at me (and my daughter).

Quote:
Richie, I want to comment on my reply to your "can't we all just get along" post above, since I think my reply probably came off sounding very harsh.
Thank you for this. Being a "noobie", I've tried to express my opinions while being careful not to step on any toes. That first post did kinda take me by suprise. I can appreciate what you had to say and I do respect your opinion.

Quote:
Good luck with your meal planning and, again, I'm so glad you are supportive of your daughter. I wish I'd known such support when I was a child.
Thank you. I may seek your advise from time to time. You seem to be very knowledgable on the subject!
There ain't much to rake anyway in the fall

[link removed by mod - no advertising permitted]
richie1 is offline   Reply With Quote