Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Movie Opinions.
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2011, 07:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
jackhammer
Ba and Be.

Default Unpopular Movie Opinions.

We have a thread in the music area where we can vent spleen about so called classic albums or popular artists not to our liking so let's have a movie version.

Here you can diss the movies that every man and his dog swears by but in the cold light of day knows that they are over rated, bloated and lacking in serious re-watchabilty.

I will start.

It is far too long. The dubbing is awful at times (but this is OK as it's a so called American film but in every other genre bad dubbing is a sign of a poorly produced film) and I am still trying to figure out what the film is trying to say.

We have people on the path of redemption and people just along for the ride. Sure the soundtrack is superb and highly original. Sure the use of camera angles is superb but I don't care for any of the characters. The plot suffers badly with the latest cut. Eastwood looks awesome but has barely found his acting range here and 'the ugly' Eli Wallach character is one dimensional and a very underwritten role.

Controversial choosing a film like this? Who cares? Sacred cows all carry crap on their hind quarters and not everyone can ignore the stains.

“A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.”
jackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote