Music Banter - View Single Post - A question to vegetarians
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2011, 07:30 PM   #602 (permalink)
Howard the Duck
Live by the Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGANGELICA View Post
If you met someone who eats dogs and cats, would you feel judgemental or would you just shrug and say, "Meh, to each her own?"

And if you *are* judgemental of people who eat dogs and cats, then why wouldn't you expect vegetarians to be judgemental of meat-eaters who eat other animal species, such as cows, pigs, and chickens?

If someone eats an animal who has died of natural causes, I wouldn't feel judgemental because the person didn't orchestrate that animal's death. However, when someone supports the killing of animals, especially when there are healthful ways to live without doing so, then I'm more likely to feel judgemental (even of myself).

Being free from critique and judgement certainly feels nice, and judgementalism *can* lead to horrible situations (when those who are judgemental decide to physically hurt people with whom they disagree), but judgementalism has also helped reduce or end numerous atrocities (slavery, child labor, capital punishment, etc.), and so I don't consider judgementalism to be a foe. Passing judgement on an action can be an inspiration for change.

And frankly, in my opinion eating animals is a lot worse than being judgemental.
in my opinion, you only base it on awareness and feelings, which to me, are on a lower level of evolutional development of the brain

as long as any animal does not have the ability to view itself objectively, rather than going through the mechanics of life, and possess a "consciousness" as we do, i think it's fine to eat them

Malaise is THE dominant human predilection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Virgin View Post
what? i don't understand you. farming is for vegetables, not for meat. if ou disagree with a farming practice, you disagree on a vegetable. unless you have a different definition of farming.
Howard the Duck is offline   Reply With Quote