Music Banter - View Single Post - Lil B
Thread: Lil B
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2011, 03:33 PM   #88 (permalink)
Sparky
not really

Quote:
Originally Posted by music_phantom13 View Post
So my roommate's been listening to him and I don't understand what makes him good. I just read that Lupe thing and he just comes off, to me, as a pretentious ****er trying to seem smart but really making some dumb statements. Really, the gist of what he wrote was saying that a lot of Lil B's stuff sucked but he thought he was heading towards a political awakening or whatever and that he was heading towards something as powerful and meaningful as rappers like Immortal Technique. And then he released a song called I'm Gay (I'm Happy). Really? How the **** does that have any sort of political value or deep meaning at all? You can pretty obviously hear that he's just randomly rapping about why people should try to be happy more and help each other out. And his flow isn't very good either. Stop trying to make him seem like a genius guys, sorry, he's not.
It's an album, for one thing...

Quote:
"he's randomly rapping about why people should try to help each other out"
like this is bad subject matter.

Nobody is making him out to be a genius, it's just that ya'll belittle him so much that anything positive said about lil b is interpreted as being stupid immediately.

Ya know how Mark E smith rambles non-sense over a repetitive loop when he's making music with the fall, why can't Lil B do it?

And as for the Lupe connection, I will reiterate, who gives a **** what lupe says
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote