Lil B - Music Banter Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > Rap & Hip-Hop
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2011, 05:27 AM   #81 (permalink)
A.B.N.
 
djchameleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NY baby
Posts: 11,455
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by matious View Post
It has nothing to do with seniority.
then what's your point? he's popular and he says things that are a bit deep in thought so people like to hear what he has to say, myself included.

just because you don't like him and you feel he's not a veteran doesn't mean he can't expression an opinion about something and people care what he has to say because he has a following just like

Lil B and his B-tards....

if B-tards isn't the name for his fans that's what I will continue to call them from this point on
__________________
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 06:23 AM   #82 (permalink)
VICTORY SCREEEEEEECH
 
Antonio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Are you a cop?
Posts: 3,348
Default

i think the fanbase is reffered to as "BasedWorld"

but yeah, even though the lyrics aren't the best, Lil B's real strength on this lies in the meanings he tries to convey, like on "The Wilderness" where he just says

"I guess that we gifted
This is one life to live and I'ma live it.
Fuck the critics, I'm happy."

that shit just speaks volumes to me. it's really simple but the feeling behind it is where it really shines.
__________________
Been making some new music lately, check it out

My MB Journal-I talk about music and stuff!

add me on Steam!
http://steamcommunity.com/id/commandercool

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dave
isn't this one of the main reasons for this entire site?

what's next? a thread made specifically to banter about music?
Antonio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 08:43 AM   #83 (permalink)
not really
 
Sparky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 5,223
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
then what's your point? he's popular and he says things that are a bit deep in thought so people like to hear what he has to say, myself included.
My point is why do people care what he has to say. This guy does panels at colleges, embarrassed himself on fox news of all places, and makes sure to put out some long as quote on whatever the latest happening is.

He just loves the media, i wish he would work on putting out some decent music.

And dj, your going to start liking lil b now that he's becoming "mainstream" and is getting money thrown at him.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 10:02 AM   #84 (permalink)
VICTORY SCREEEEEEECH
 
Antonio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Are you a cop?
Posts: 3,348
Default

hey guys........


__________________
Been making some new music lately, check it out

My MB Journal-I talk about music and stuff!

add me on Steam!
http://steamcommunity.com/id/commandercool

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dave
isn't this one of the main reasons for this entire site?

what's next? a thread made specifically to banter about music?
Antonio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 11:01 AM   #85 (permalink)
A.B.N.
 
djchameleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NY baby
Posts: 11,455
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonio View Post
i think the fanbase is reffered to as "BasedWorld"

but yeah, even though the lyrics aren't the best, Lil B's real strength on this lies in the meanings he tries to convey, like on "The Wilderness" where he just says

"I guess that we gifted
This is one life to live and I'ma live it.
Fuck the critics, I'm happy."

that shit just speaks volumes to me. it's really simple but the feeling behind it is where it really shines.
See that's the thing that gets me. I guess it's all up to how you interpret some of the things he says but even when I was reading Lupe's blog post I was like "f*ck outta here"

It always seems to me that people read so deeply into simple things that he says like there is some hidden meaning and he's some literary genius that is using satire when I don't get that. It's all just pretty random and I just can't get behind his flow. I have seen some of his parodies which were okay but come on. I feel like he gets way too much credit for doing simple things and he just feeds off of it.




Quote:
Originally Posted by matious View Post
My point is why do people care what he has to say. This guy does panels at colleges, embarrassed himself on fox news of all places, and makes sure to put out some long as quote on whatever the latest happening is.

He just loves the media, i wish he would work on putting out some decent music.
There are other rappers that do the same, speaking at college panels because they have something to say. He's big into being an activist and discussing other issues.
Yeah, he talked a big game on twitter before going on the spin zone but he couldn't handle Mr. O' Reilly


Quote:
Originally Posted by matious View Post
And dj, your going to start liking lil b now that he's becoming "mainstream" and is getting money thrown at him.
No, I won't for the reasons stated above. I don't get what kind of money gets thrown at him and the beats that he's able to buy. It will just be sprinkle coating over shit to me.

That's the same thing with Ace Hood and now that I've listened to Big Sean that's how his album is as well. Kanye gave him some dope ass beats and I'm just like why!?!?! what a waste.
__________________
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 11:40 PM   #86 (permalink)
not really
 
Sparky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 5,223
Default

QUOTE=Antonio;1079491]hey guys........


[/QUOTE]

nice dude


Last edited by Sparky; 07-02-2011 at 01:03 AM.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 03:27 PM   #87 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
music_phantom13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 942
Default

So my roommate's been listening to him and I don't understand what makes him good. I just read that Lupe thing and he just comes off, to me, as a pretentious ****er trying to seem smart but really making some dumb statements. Really, the gist of what he wrote was saying that a lot of Lil B's stuff sucked but he thought he was heading towards a political awakening or whatever and that he was heading towards something as powerful and meaningful as rappers like Immortal Technique. And then he released a song called I'm Gay (I'm Happy). Really? How the **** does that have any sort of political value or deep meaning at all? You can pretty obviously hear that he's just randomly rapping about why people should try to be happy more and help each other out. And his flow isn't very good either. Stop trying to make him seem like a genius guys, sorry, he's not.
music_phantom13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 03:33 PM   #88 (permalink)
not really
 
Sparky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 5,223
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by music_phantom13 View Post
So my roommate's been listening to him and I don't understand what makes him good. I just read that Lupe thing and he just comes off, to me, as a pretentious ****er trying to seem smart but really making some dumb statements. Really, the gist of what he wrote was saying that a lot of Lil B's stuff sucked but he thought he was heading towards a political awakening or whatever and that he was heading towards something as powerful and meaningful as rappers like Immortal Technique. And then he released a song called I'm Gay (I'm Happy). Really? How the **** does that have any sort of political value or deep meaning at all? You can pretty obviously hear that he's just randomly rapping about why people should try to be happy more and help each other out. And his flow isn't very good either. Stop trying to make him seem like a genius guys, sorry, he's not.
It's an album, for one thing...

Quote:
"he's randomly rapping about why people should try to help each other out"
like this is bad subject matter.

Nobody is making him out to be a genius, it's just that ya'll belittle him so much that anything positive said about lil b is interpreted as being stupid immediately.

Ya know how Mark E smith rambles non-sense over a repetitive loop when he's making music with the fall, why can't Lil B do it?

And as for the Lupe connection, I will reiterate, who gives a **** what lupe says
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 04:10 PM   #89 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
music_phantom13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 942
Default

Eh, in that case it's cool, I just thought it was pretty ridiculous that Lupe would compare him to Immortal so if you don't count that then it's all good. It's not bad subject matter, I just think he's pretty random and boring and don't like his flow. But to each his own.
music_phantom13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 04:34 PM   #90 (permalink)
A.B.N.
 
djchameleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NY baby
Posts: 11,455
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by music_phantom13 View Post
Eh, in that case it's cool, I just thought it was pretty ridiculous that Lupe would compare him to Immortal so if you don't count that then it's all good. It's not bad subject matter, I just think he's pretty random and boring and don't like his flow. But to each his own.
See the thing about what Lupe said is pretty much what reviewers are constantly saying, he's not the first to make those outlandish claims that they think he's really a genius.
__________________
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



© 2003-2024 Advameg, Inc.