Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Music Opinions
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2011, 03:59 PM   #6479 (permalink)
TockTockTock
They/Them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necromancer View Post
The Beatles didn't have the blues/R&B/funk/soul influence to their music like the Stones did. And those are my favorite genres of preference. And without concern of their image which means nothing musically speaking.
The Who, would be a better band to compare with the Beatles, and The Who would win that one as well. They were a major influence on the punk genre for example, more so or just as much as the The Beatles, they experimented with a lot of different genres of music, opera rock, progression, ambient, whatever.. The Beatles did a lot, but not anything that is more significant or musically extraordinary than the music of the Stones/Who.

Early noise song. I prefer Velvet Underground's "Loop" (which was released in 1966), but this is still pretty amazing if you ask me. Plus, this was inspired by The Beatles listening to AMMMusic... which is a bonus.

Drone/ambient/psychedelic rock song about the Tibetan Book of the Dead in 1966. This was released a year before Parson Sound ever recorded anything, and two years before International Harvester's debut album. It was also released before The Velvet Underground & Nico which exhibited elements of drone and ambiance.

Not really sure why I am defending these guys... I'm not even a huge Beatles fan... Hell, I love The Who.

Last edited by TockTockTock; 07-04-2011 at 04:07 PM.
TockTockTock is offline   Reply With Quote