Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Music Opinions
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2011, 09:47 PM   #6545 (permalink)
BastardofYoung
Buzz Killjoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreO View Post
I think I meant to say this one more in regards to lyrical heavy music. I feel that if there is a real message to be said than I should be able to hear it. When it comes to that kind of music, call me an old timer, but I have no idea what is being said. There are a few exceptions to the rule, which might make my statement a little overboard, but for the most part it's just not for me. I can, however, appreciate some of the musicianship and composition that goes into these pieces, regarding the Unexpect song.
See that is better. Saying you do not like something and saying basically an entire genre has no artistic merit is not the same. I am not a jazz fan, but I admit the artistic talent that it possesses,

You are right, a lot of metal is basically something you listen to more for instrumentation and musicianship over actual lyrics. I am a huge Death Metal fan, the vocals take adjusting to, and much of it is not decipherable without the help of a lyrics book... but it is a style i enjoy more for the music, the energy and the feel. I like things on the extreme side a lot of the time.

‎"I hope that someday we will be able to put away our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people." - Jack Handey.
BastardofYoung is offline   Reply With Quote