Music Banter - View Single Post - Addiction
Thread: Addiction
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2011, 03:53 PM   #8 (permalink)
Mykonos
AWhatup Ganache?

I have a gaming and computer addiction. I don't like to joke about it and I'm certainly not proud of it, because I hate myself for it. I think that gaming's been responsible for 90% of the problems I currently have, and I'm sick of it. I've tried telling myself to stop more than once, but every time I start wanting to just finish one game or find out there's a new sequel for a series I love or something, and go back to it. My parents make every effort they can to keep me from wasting my entire life on it, and without them I'm sure I would, but I still waste hours and hours each day on it. And the thing I hate the most? I don't admit it. Whenever people ask about gaming or what I play, I'll normally try and change the subject or lie and say I don't play it much. I think I've given the impression with my friends that I'm a casual gamer rather than an obsessive one. Hell, I used to even appear offline on Xbox Live just to make sure nobody would cop on to me. One thing I've silently sworn to myself is that when I leave home, there will be no more. I don't care if I have to detatch myself from every electronic device in life to get away from it. Gaming's ruined my childhood and I won't let it go any further.