Music Banter - View Single Post - Casey Anthony Found Not Guilty.
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2011, 10:37 AM   #72 (permalink)
Dirty
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
But it does matter. The very fact that you have such a strong opinion on the matter, along with thousands or millions of others, means that the news media sees an opportunity to get ratings by covering it. Not only are you helping the vultures profit from the death of a child, but the more coverage a case gets, the harder it is for a defendant to recieve a fair trial.

Besides, how much can you possibly connect with a child you saw a few pictures and videos of on TV? Do you honestly expect us to believe that you are concerned entirely with "justice" (also see: revenge)? Please. You're getting off on this, along with all those people protesting outside the courthouse (What the **** is that ****, BTW? Were they hoping to bully the jury into a conviction? They were little better than a lynch mob). You're allowing your emotions to be manipulated by Nancy Grace and all those other hypocrites so that you can get your anger fix.
Dude, it was a huge news story. It was the biggest trial in the last 10 years. Please excuse me for having an opinion on it and not liking the fact that someone who murdered their little kid is free to walk the streets.

Listen, yes the news is a business...Everything is a business. But if millions of people have strong feelings about it, why the hell WOULDN'T it be news. "Hmmm, something tons of people are interested in and feel strongly about. Let's just ignore it completely!" That makes no sense for anybody. Hell if I care if the news stations profit off of it, their job is to give me news and make money. As for receiving a fair trial, I'd say it didn't affect things much considering she actually got acquitted. It was the fairest trial she could have ever dreamed of. She has probably spent the last 3 years googling time-wasters to do in the state penitentiary and watching Shawshank Redemption because I bet she didn't even dream she would get off the hook.

Someone is gonna have to explain all the emotional connection stuff to me. Call me an emo softy, but I feel bad when I hear news of 2 year olds who are killed and dumped in the woods by their mothers. Maybe that's just me . And this is about justice. It's about wanting a murderer to not be free. I don't even watch the news, but I knew about this case, watched parts of the trial, and have a strong opinion about it. I don't even know what you're talking about getting off on all this. On what exacly?

You have one of those "How dare you have a strong opinion on a popular current event, you idiot evil bastard" mindsets that I think is completely lame. I see it from so many people (mainly on facebook) when a bunch of people start commenting and having thoughts on something that's in the news.
Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote