Music Banter - View Single Post - Casey Anthony Found Not Guilty.
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2011, 10:53 AM   #73 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty View Post
Listen, yes the news is a business...Everything is a business. But if millions of people have strong feelings about it, why the hell WOULDN'T it be news. "Hmmm, something tons of people are interested in and feel strongly about. Let's just ignore it completely!"
Millions of people didn't know about it until it got covered constantly. Because the news media saw a murdered little white girl, and a mother that might have killed her, they turned it into a story because they knew it would get them ratings. KACHING! This was not a story. This was one among thousands of murdered children in this country. But this story just apparently had that hook that the news industry thought would capture people's attention.

Quote:
As for receiving a fair trial, I'd say it didn't affect things much considering she actually got acquitted.
That's beside the point. This isn't just about her. This is about every person who gets put on public trial like this.

Quote:
Someone is gonna have to explain all the emotional connection stuff to me. Call me an emo softy, but I feel bad when I hear news of 2 year olds who are killed and dumped in the woods by their mothers. Maybe that's just me . And this is about justice. It's about wanting a murderer to not be free.
Really? Cause I haven't seen you weeping over the death of a child here. I've seen you out for this woman's blood. Whether or not this woman fries seems to be your main concern. Not the little girl.

Quote:
I don't even watch the news, but I knew about this case, watched parts of the trial, and have a strong opinion about it. I don't even know what you're talking about getting off on all this. On what exacly?
On the mob mentality that ends up with some poor shmuck hanging from a tree.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote