Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Music Opinions
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2011, 03:07 AM   #6636 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by oojay View Post
I genuinely like those bands. They catch a lot of flack, but they are what they are. They are formulaic and intended to gain mass appeal. Regardless of their mainstream following, I judge the music on it's own merit. And more often than not, I like it. It's not hard to find atleast 1 song by these artists that will appeal to you on some level.
Agreed, a lot of people dislike very mainstream bands for this reason and quite often are blinded when it comes to actually judging the music for what it actually is. I quite like Shindown as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhammer View Post
You forgot their mid - late 80's period where they tried to sound like Dire Straits especially on Crest Of A Knave. I find Jethro Tull one of the most frustrating bands ever. For me virtually every genre they dabbled in produced so many good tracks but very few decent albums from start to finish.
I left that out on purpose.

For those on here that don`t know, Jethro Tull`s "Crest of A Knave" actually won a Grammy as the best metal album of 1989 If that`s not shocking enough, they beat both Metallica and Jane`s Addiction in the process.
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote